St George in the Meadows: Reopening for Public Worship
St George’s will resume public worship from Sunday 5th July, with a revised temporary weekday schedule also commencing.
Weekly Mass Schedule from 5th July until further notice
Sunday:11am – Said Mass with organ music and homily
Monday:No public Mass
Tuesday:No public Mass
Wednesday: 12 noon – Said Mass
Thursday:12 noon – Said Mass
Friday:12 noon – Said Mass
Saturday:12 noon – Said Mass
Sunday: 10am – 12 noon
Wednesday: 11.30am – 1pm
Thursday:11.30am – 1pm
Friday:11.30am – 1pm
Saturday:11.30am – 1pm
These arrangements will be kept under review. Our goal is to return eventually to our pre-Covid pattern.
Please note the following:
• Social distancing & hygiene measures will be in force. Please respect these measures in order to protect yourself and others.
• Entry to church will be through the south west (blue) doors, as normal. However, a one-way system will be in operation, and exit will be through the door from the hall corridor onto St George’s Drive.
• No prayer books or cards will be available. Please bring your own devotional material if you wish to do so.
• Orders of service for Mass on Sundays will be emailed to those on our mailing list in advance, for you to print a copy at home or read the PDF file on your phone or tablet. A limited number of hard copies will be available in church for those not on email or otherwise unable to produce their own copy. If you need to, please take one copy from the table, and take it home with you when you leave. Do not leave it in church or hand it to others.
• It will be possible to light candles at the Shrine of Our Lady only.
• A collection plate will be available for donations. There will be no collection or offertory procession during Mass.
• You are encouraged not to use the toilets. In case of necessity, the disabled toilet only will be available.
• These opening times and arrangements may be curtailed or modified, if hygiene or other circumstances demand it.
• Please do not come to church if you have any symptoms of the virus, if you are in a vulnerable category, or if you have been told to shield.