Welcome To St George in the Meadows
ST GEORGE’S DRIVE, THE MEADOWS, NOTTINGHAM, NG2 1NX
St George’s is an Anglo-Catholic parish church, situated in the Meadows area of Nottingham, and just a few minutes walk from the train station and city centre. We are always pleased to welcome new worshippers and visitors, especially parents with children.
We are a warm, welcoming and diverse congregation, dedicated to making the love of Christ known in our community and beyond. Worshipping in a traditional style with a modern rite, we seek to encounter God through the sacraments of the Church universal. We strive to preach, teach and live the Catholic faith as the Church of England has received it.
Part of the Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham, St George’s is a parish of The Society, under the pastoral and sacramental care of the Bishop of Beverley. We also have close links with the Sisters at Holy Cross Convent, Costock.
For the latest news, and changes to regular service and opening times, visit our Facebook page – @stgeorgeinthemeadows
- Social distancing & hygiene measures will be in force. Please respect these measures in order to protect yourself and others.
- Entry to church will be through the south west (blue) doors, as normal. However, a one-way system will be in operation, and exit will be through the door from the hall corridor onto St George’s Drive.
- No prayer books or cards will be available. Please bring your own devotional material if you wish to do so.
- Orders of service for Mass on Sundays will be emailed to those on our mailing list in advance, for you to print a copy at home or read the PDF file on your phone or tablet. A limited number of hard copies will be available in church for those not on email or otherwise unable to produce their own copy. If you need to, please take one copy from the table, and take it home with you when you leave. Do not leave it in church or hand it to others.
- It will be possible to light candles at the Shrine of Our Lady only.
- A collection plate will be available for donations. There will be no collection or offertory procession during Mass.
- These opening times and arrangements may be curtailed or modified, if hygiene or other circumstances demand it.